API Gate Valve
Gate valves are designed for fully closed and fully open service and are used as isolating , control or regulating valve.
- Sizes Range: 2”-48”
- Pressure Range: 150Lb- 2500Lb
- Full or Reduced Bore
- RF, RTJ, or BW
- Outside Screw & Yoke (OS&Y), rising stem
- Bolted Bonnet or Pressure Seal Bonnet
- Flexible or Solid Wedge
AVAILABLE MATERIALS: A216 WCB, WC6, WC9, A350 LCB, A351 CF8, CF8M, CF3, CF3M, A995 4A, A995 5A, A995 6A, Alloy 20, Monel, Inconel, Hastelloy
- Design & manufacture according to API 600, API 603, ASME B16.34, API6A
- Face-to-face according to ASME B16.10
- End Connection according to ASME B16.5 (RF & RTJ), ASME B16.25 (BW)
- Test & inspection according to API 598
- Also available per NACE MR-0175, NACE MR-0103, ISO 15848, API624
1. It offers small fluid resistance as the inner media channel of the body is straight. It flows though the valve which does not hampers the direction of the flow.
2. Gate valves offer an unobstructed media flow from any direction of the valve body. It does not decrease pressure which makes it suitable for pipeline where the flow direction may change.
3. The overall structure length of gate valves is shorter than globe valves. The valve clack aligns with the valve body, thus making the structure length of gate valves shorter than globe valves.
4. The seal functioning is quite good thus, making it less eroded while it is open.
5. As compared to globe valves, the erosion of sealing surface is lighter.
The valve body is simple and easy to operate. It features a good casting process which offers a wide range.